About this blog

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on June 11, 2010. As a result of my treatment, I have lymphedema in my left arm. I draw my strength from the Lord, as well as my family's Scots-Irish heritage. Our Graham's were a tough and scrappy bunch of fighters on the Scottish/English border. They came to America and continued to fight when necessary: in the American Revolution; the Civil War; and my brother is a Captain in the U.S. Army. My ancestors settled this country against all odds. My great-grandmothers on both sides of the family were pioneer women who settled the West. Along with that heritage, and the full armor of God, I am walking the walk and fighting the good fight.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Help with meals

Since my diagnosis, many people have told me to let them know what they can do to help. It is hard for me to ask for help. I've always been the kind of person who just puts her head down, sucks it up and moves forward. This cancer is teaching me that I can't do everything on my own strength. I need the strength of the Lord and those around me.

So here is your chance if you're a local. A friend of mine is blessing my family and I by putting together a meal schedule while I am in treatment. I'm not sure of exactly how she is going to organize it all, but if you are interested in helping out, you can contact Jenn Zeis. Or you can contact me and I will forward your e-mail to Jenn.

We don't have any food allergies and aren't really too picky about food. Those with kids know that everyone has their own little idiosyncrasies. (Olivier likes his potatoes one way, Isabelle another...whatEVER!) Of course, I adhere to Jillian's saying, "If it didn't come from the ground or have a mother, don't eat it." :-) I appreciate organics, but its not necessary.

I appreciate every single one of you out there who is praying for my family and I. For those of you who are rallying in the kitchen for us as well, thank you very much.

8 days and counting....

1 comment:

  1. Tonya,
    CCESCO has a meals ministry - as you know! I can let Wendy Danskin know and she'll organize two weeks, every other day - or you can opt for 7 straight days, every night. Let us know when you would like it to start. Also, let your friend know that mealsbaby.com is a great way to organize meals for friends, etc. Praying for you, friend! - Kim Beck

    ReplyDelete