About this blog

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on June 11, 2010. As a result of my treatment, I have lymphedema in my left arm. I draw my strength from the Lord, as well as my family's Scots-Irish heritage. Our Graham's were a tough and scrappy bunch of fighters on the Scottish/English border. They came to America and continued to fight when necessary: in the American Revolution; the Civil War; and my brother is a Captain in the U.S. Army. My ancestors settled this country against all odds. My great-grandmothers on both sides of the family were pioneer women who settled the West. Along with that heritage, and the full armor of God, I am walking the walk and fighting the good fight.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Good Wishes




















I got a wonderful surprise in the mail today. A few weeks ago I mentioned that the website FranceLuxe has a "Good Wishes" program where they offer a free silk headwrap for women in chemotherapy treatment. I'm all for the silver lining in all of this, freebies included.

My wrap came today! Almost as meaningful as the headwrap was the wonderful card that was enclosed, signed by people that I don't even know. How awesome is that?


The designer, Laurie Erickson, asked me to list three of my favorite patterns. The one I got was the silk paisley print in a camel color. Incidentally, that was the first one I had chosen for my top three!

Here is a picture of Isabelle posing with it in or kitchen. I'm a little shy at the moment to model it. I'll need it soon enough when my hair starts falling out. I expect that to happen within the next week.

By the way...isn't Isabelle stunning in her "pink & plaid" skirt?

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful surprise! The card is so special, it does mean so much and what a gorgeous scarf, I love it. Enjoy~Trish

    ReplyDelete