I've been trying to get in a workout each day. Training sessions, I'm thinking of them. The gym Monday, a power walk yesterday after some pilates. Today was my Jillian DVD "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolisom" (which I will refer to as BFBM from now on). Tomorrow mom and I are going to meet for a walk before my first appointment and I may do BFBM in the afternoon. Friday is "chemo day" so I won't be working out then.
Cancer treatment is coming back, though. Tomorrow I go in for all of my "pre-chemo" appointments. Blood draw at 9 a.m., oncologist at 10 a.m. and getting my "foobies" and a compression sleeve/gauntlet at 1:00 p.m. I'm disappointed that I'll miss Isabelle's student council speech which is at 1:30 p.m. I'm hoping that my mom will be able to go and record it for me.
I have been debating whether or not to blog about this next topic....but what the heck. This blog is as much of a journal for myself as it is anything else. And who knows? Maybe it can help someone else. I've been expecting to be thrown into menopause from the chemo. Dr. P said that because I'm young, my body might resist it. Well, it has been resisting strongly! I had a week or so of being impatient and irritable (I think it came across in a few of my posts). Then a week of spotting and very light flow. Then this week it has been quite heavy. With no end in sight. Enough already! It has been so much that I'm a little concerned about my iron levels. I've been eating a lot of iron-rich foods for the past couple of days. I'm definitely going to ask Dr. P about this tomorrow. It just feels like my body doesn't know what the heck to do. So much confusion going on!
I do feel a total schizophrenia of sorts. In one sense, I'm in almost the best shape of my life. Not "the" best, that was right before surgery in July. But aside from the ability to lift weights, the best condition of my life. I'm eating the healthiest food I've ever eaten and I'm at the healthiest weight as an adult that I've ever been. Yet I'm battling CANCER and having pretty strong drugs pumped into me every three weeks that damage normal cells as well as the bad ones. It is such a bizarre dichotomy. No wonder my reproductive system doesn't know what to do.
My prayer requests:
- That my blood draw show that everything is fine and that I can proceed with the chemo on Friday.
- That Dr. P have some insight into my "female" issues. Hopefully this does not mean that I've got way too much estrogen in me...that feeds the cancer. If there is a problem, that Dr. P have a solution that addresses it.
- That God's will be done with the student council elections. Especially if it means that Isabelle wins! But if she doesn't, that she be able to accept that and grow from it.
- That Olivier continue to battle and beat this cold...and that Isabelle, Eric and I do not come down with it.
- That I do not develop lymphedema in my left arm. I've been doing my manual drainage technique after the shower each day. I'm just kind of paranoid about this right now. Especially with the heat we have been having this week.