About this blog

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on June 11, 2010. As a result of my treatment, I have lymphedema in my left arm. I draw my strength from the Lord, as well as my family's Scots-Irish heritage. Our Graham's were a tough and scrappy bunch of fighters on the Scottish/English border. They came to America and continued to fight when necessary: in the American Revolution; the Civil War; and my brother is a Captain in the U.S. Army. My ancestors settled this country against all odds. My great-grandmothers on both sides of the family were pioneer women who settled the West. Along with that heritage, and the full armor of God, I am walking the walk and fighting the good fight.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Taking it easy

I'm tired today. I'm trying to take it easy and hopefully will feel more energetic tomorrow (Monday).

I did 30 minutes of yoga this morning, just to get moving a bit.  The kids and I made it to church, and I did feel pretty good this morning. Or maybe it was my innate desire to put my best face forward?

Eric left for his business trip before we left for church.  He'll be home on Thursday evening. It's going to be hard getting everything done without him here this week. Thankfully, I have friends bringing dinner 3 nights. That is a huge blessing!  Not to mention mom planning on coming over to lend a hand. I am blessed in this trial.

We went to brunch with mom and dad after church.  I was craving IHOP's corned beef hash and eggs.  Yikes! I ate it all, too.  Eek. I don't even want to think about how many calories that was!  I'm making some baked cod for dinner. :-)  After getting home, I took off my makeup, changed into sweats, put Jean-Marc down for a nap and retired to my room.  I read a bit, napped a bit, and tried to relax.  I'm not good at that in the middle of the day.  But I gave it my best shot.

Now Jean-Marc is in bed, the fish is about to go in the oven.  I'm craving some good lean protein and greens. I'm pretty tired and hope that a good night of sleep will help.  I'm hoping to have more energy tomorrow.  Every day will get better.

One small victory is that I have not taken any of the Zofran.  I've used my sea bands a little bit, just as a prophylactic measure.  But nausea wise, I'm feeling okay.  I hope that continues. That is one area you can pray for me in.  That and energy.

I heard the following verse on the radio this morning:  "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of the Lord concerning you."  1 Thessalonians 5:18.    I'm trying to walk that walk right now.  Thank you for your prayers and support.  It means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment