About this blog

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on June 11, 2010. As a result of my treatment, I have lymphedema in my left arm. I draw my strength from the Lord, as well as my family's Scots-Irish heritage. Our Graham's were a tough and scrappy bunch of fighters on the Scottish/English border. They came to America and continued to fight when necessary: in the American Revolution; the Civil War; and my brother is a Captain in the U.S. Army. My ancestors settled this country against all odds. My great-grandmothers on both sides of the family were pioneer women who settled the West. Along with that heritage, and the full armor of God, I am walking the walk and fighting the good fight.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Stand up to Cancer



Man, those are some odds! I am stunned to learn how invasive cancer is in our society. 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. But when you factor in all of the other cancers out there....it is mind boggling.

I don't know much about this organization. If they are standing up to cancer, that is awesome and I wish them well. I do know that the American Cancer Society has a lot of programs involving research and support for people whose lives are touched by cancer. They already have given me a lot of support and information. That is why I am walking in the "Making Strides for Breast Cancer" walk in San Diego on October 17th. My goal right now is $1,000. I am already over half way there! If I get there soon, I may just double it and try to become a "pacesetter." Right now, there are only 3 people in all of San Diego who have achieved this status. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but if you want to help me out, you can click here and make a small donation.

Stand up to cancer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment