About this blog

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on June 11, 2010. As a result of my treatment, I have lymphedema in my left arm. I draw my strength from the Lord, as well as my family's Scots-Irish heritage. Our Graham's were a tough and scrappy bunch of fighters on the Scottish/English border. They came to America and continued to fight when necessary: in the American Revolution; the Civil War; and my brother is a Captain in the U.S. Army. My ancestors settled this country against all odds. My great-grandmothers on both sides of the family were pioneer women who settled the West. Along with that heritage, and the full armor of God, I am walking the walk and fighting the good fight.

Friday, January 14, 2011

The machine

I've been at a loss for words in describing the radiation machine. I googled some images and found this that is pretty much like what I see every day.

The machine rotates around so it can zap you from several angles.  I get to have the wedgie under my knees, but I also have to have my hands up over my head, holding onto a bar.  Oh, and I don't get to wear my shirt, either. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tonya,
    Acess www.aatrocha.blogspot.com/ and see Amandas's pictures about radiotherapy. She is a surviver of breast's cancer and take photos of her breast during the radiotherapy and post in her blog. God bless you and apologise my inglish. Marina.Brazil.

    ReplyDelete