Today while I was waiting to pick Olivier up at the middle school, I checked my e-mail on my iPhone. There was a message from the Komen representative in all caps:
PLEASE CONTACT ME AT THE BELOW PHONE NUMBER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
I called right away and left a message. My opinion of the results began to change, needless to say. After all, I figured they wouldn't be contacting me if it were bad news. A couple hours later, while I was in a girl scout meeting with Isabelle, she called back.
They chose me for the commercial!
How fun is that going to be!? She is going to send me a mail with more information, but this is what I know as of now:
- The shoot is next Wednesday, October 19th. Wait a minute, I can hear some of my Facebook friends and family thinking. Isn't that Jean-Marc's hernia surgery date? Well, it was. But the surgeon was a bit concerned about his runny nose. I called Kaiser and was able to move the surgery back just one week. (His surgery date happens to be my birthday now). It will give him time to get over this cold, so that should be okay. The surgeon did not seem to think it was urgent. If that's not the case, they'll let me know.
- The filming will be up in Hollywood. Gower studios on Sunset Boulevard.
- They will be providing professional hair and makeup. Yippee!! I'm curious to know what they will do with this mop of curly, funny hair!
- They will be "taking care" of me as soon as we get there and she assured me that it was going to be a great experience. Breakfast, lunch, and anything else we may need. They will reimburse me mileage. Eric's first question was, "Do you get paid?" Sheesh. I didn't even think to ask. To me, that is not really the point. But, I digress...
- She said if I had any Komen pink wear to wear it, but if not, they have plenty of things to wear. She asked me what size I was in tops and pants. I didn't think to mention it, but my shirt size changes depending on whether or not I wear my foobies. Hmm. Now I have a decision to make. To wear or not to wear? I didn't wear them for the casting call. At least I can take them on and off...they are portable! I can always stick them in my bag if I decide not to wear them!