About this blog

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on June 11, 2010. As a result of my treatment, I have lymphedema in my left arm. I draw my strength from the Lord, as well as my family's Scots-Irish heritage. Our Graham's were a tough and scrappy bunch of fighters on the Scottish/English border. They came to America and continued to fight when necessary: in the American Revolution; the Civil War; and my brother is a Captain in the U.S. Army. My ancestors settled this country against all odds. My great-grandmothers on both sides of the family were pioneer women who settled the West. Along with that heritage, and the full armor of God, I am walking the walk and fighting the good fight.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Back in the routine, and its a good thing

I'm feeling better today.  My eyes still are irritating me, but at least this morning they weren't crusted shut.  I'm wearing my glasses and leaving the contacts in the drawer.  I didn't attempt an intense workout today.  I just did 30 minutes of yoga and then did a power walk with friends. I'm going to the gym tomorrow so we'll see how my energy levels are then.

Mentally, I'm better too.  Perhaps its because the kids went back to school today and we are all back in a routine.  I'm such a creature of habit.  There is comfort in routine, knowing what is coming up and what you need to do next.

Speaking of next, I also got ready for the next round of chemo on Friday.  I got my lab appointment for Thursday and put the order in for the refill (my last one) for Cipro.  I also called to get an appointment for an eye exam.  The closest one they could get me in for was December 21.  That is okay.  I'll be recovered from chemo more or less.  So anything going on with my eyes won't be subjected to more chemo.  The good thing is that I won't have a copay since I've met the deductible this year.  And then some.

So I'm all ready for the last round of chemo.  I just need to eat healthy to get my body full of good nutrients to fight this cancer from the inside out.  I need to exercise to keep myself strong, and keep my wits about me.  I am addicted to endorphins, I think.

A friend confided in me today that she is going in for a biopsy on Wednesday to check for ovarian cancer. The uncertainty is scary and I know where she is coming from.  I'm so sick and tired of CANCER.  I long for the day when there is no more sickness and no more tears.

Prayer requests:

  • For my friend going in for tests on Wednesday.  Pray that the biopsy comes back negative. In the meantime, that she is able to have some peace and not be filled with anxiety. 
  • More prayers for my eyes.  They constantly water and the dried salt on my face is irritating to my skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment