About this blog

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on June 11, 2010. As a result of my treatment, I have lymphedema in my left arm. I draw my strength from the Lord, as well as my family's Scots-Irish heritage. Our Graham's were a tough and scrappy bunch of fighters on the Scottish/English border. They came to America and continued to fight when necessary: in the American Revolution; the Civil War; and my brother is a Captain in the U.S. Army. My ancestors settled this country against all odds. My great-grandmothers on both sides of the family were pioneer women who settled the West. Along with that heritage, and the full armor of God, I am walking the walk and fighting the good fight.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Almost vacation

"Vacation" may not be the right word.  But the kids have next week off from school, and I am looking forward to it.  I spend a lot of my day on the road, shuttling from the middle school, elementary school, home, karate classes, and so on. It will be nice not to have to get kids out the door by 7:30 a.m., make lunches the night before, etc.

Not a lot is going on this week.  I'm just doing the mom-thing.  I've been getting a workout in each day.  Tomorrow morning Isabelle is going to get honored at the school flag assembly for her all 4 report card.  I haven't been able to make it to all the assemblies this year...they are on Fridays and I've had chemo on a few of them.

I am excited that we seem to have found someone to help us with the housework.  We did try a cleaning lady over the summer as I was recuperating from surgery, but she apparently didn't want to work for us.  She was supposed to come on Mondays, but didn't show up the second day she was scheduled.  I called her and she came a few days later.  As she was leaving, I asked if that was going to be her new day and she said she would call.  She never did.  I left a couple messages, but she never got back to me.  She does our neighbor's house, and when Eric saw her in the neighborhood a couple weeks ago, he asked her if she was coming back.  Guess what she told him?  Yep, that's right.  She'd call.  Needless to say, that never happened.  It was really strange to be kind of "fired" by your cleaning lady.  Not that I have a lot of experience with cleaning ladies.  I usually can keep up with it on my own.  But this is a perk of my cancer, I guess.  Eric and I just feel a bit overwhelmed trying to keep it up, and he's willing to get the help.  I'm not going to let that opportunity (spousal consent) pass me up!  Anyway, a friend referred me to her cleaning lady and she came over today and we really like her.  She starts next week!  There's nothing like a clean house to lift the spirits even higher.

There is not much more to report today.  But I didn't want people to get worried with me not posting 2 days in a row and thing something was wrong.  I'm feeling okay, just busy being a mom.

My prayer requests:

  • Against illness.  I'm immune suppressed right now, and Jean-Marc has a cold.  He isn't suffering too bad, but his nose started running today after a couple days of being a little hoarse. Pray he gets well ad that no one else gets it.
  • I feel like a broken record, but do pray that the chemo be effective against this disease.  I get paranoid that maybe its not working because I'm not wiped out by the chemo.  Did I get enough of the poison/medicine?  

No comments:

Post a Comment