About this blog

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on June 11, 2010. As a result of my treatment, I have lymphedema in my left arm. I draw my strength from the Lord, as well as my family's Scots-Irish heritage. Our Graham's were a tough and scrappy bunch of fighters on the Scottish/English border. They came to America and continued to fight when necessary: in the American Revolution; the Civil War; and my brother is a Captain in the U.S. Army. My ancestors settled this country against all odds. My great-grandmothers on both sides of the family were pioneer women who settled the West. Along with that heritage, and the full armor of God, I am walking the walk and fighting the good fight.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Where the wild things are

I had the greatest long run today. I had on my schedule to do 10 miles. The temperature has been creeping up this week, and I'm a wimp when it comes to running in heat. I don't need one other thing to make my mind want to give up! On top of that, I had an irritating morning. Eric got up at 5 a.m. and rather than quietly working in his office, he instead began grinding coffee beans and banging pots and pans around to make an egg for himself.  Of course, that woke up Jean-Marc, who comes into my room and begins his day of demands.  Sigh.  I really would like him to understand that while I love him to pieces, I don't want to see or hear him until at least 6 a.m.!

Being a little concerned about the heat, I decided to head to the coast. At least the temperatures would be lower and a change of scenery might be nice.

Bottom line, it was splendid. I've gotten used to running without music. My music today was the pounding of the surf and the squawking of the pelicans and seagulls. My view was the ocean, with surfers sitting on their boards waiting to catch a wave.  It was fantastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment